What Is A Leo Man Like When In Love?
The second Fire element of the zodiac belt, the entertainer, the showman, the leader, the elaborator! Welcome to Leo man in love!
Ruled by the mighty Sun, Leo is represented by the lion and it is a fixed sign. The Sun represents our vitality, our ego, our larger self, and what is our response towards our goals and how do we achieve success in our daily lives. A lion is the king of the jungle, and thus making Leo, the king of the zodiac signs. A Leo man has traits of the lion where he roars in pride when in love. He is not afraid to display his identity in the public and he loves it when he gets all the attention given to him.
Please keep in mind what’s written here is based on a general view of Leo sun sign behaviours. The other planets and placements in a Leo individual’s entire horoscope can enhance, suppress, and even nullify some of these mentioned behaviours. Nevertheless, it will still show similar traits of how a Leo man behave when he is in love. What are the signs you can watch out for if he is fully committed and in love with you?
Leo Man’s Behaviour
To deeply understand a Leo man’s behaviour, it means you need to dive deep into the psyche of the lion’s mind. Relationship astrology helps pinpoint to some of these prominent characteristics of your Leo man which you’ll find here. To have a more accurate reveal of his true personality, an assessment of his astrological chart is highly recommended.
To understand him in love, let us first find out what his behaviour is like that will influence his decisions making, love language and how he acts when he is with you:
Leo is the most dazzling, expressive sign in the Zodiac and it’s no surprise he’s the centre of the attraction as he is ruled by the Sun, the biggest, brightest, object in the sky and the center of the solar system. This fixed fire sign is capable of emitting constant warmth and affection for you and he demands to be treated like royalty, but reciprocates right back. The better he feels, the better everyone else feels. Stroke his ego and he will definitely make your efforts worthwhile.
Like a big cat, your Leo man will be playful and affectionate. This big cat is ruled by his heart and he doesn’t hesitate to go for what he wants, because he is convinced he can conquer any challenge. He loves attention and he loves to be praised and to be admired, as such Leo certainly takes great care of his appearance and has a wild sense of humour!
Leo Man’s Love Traits And Personalities
- He is big in love and he is big at heart – Leo man is all about love. He lives and breathes love and he can’t live without one. He is passionate and display extravagant ways to show his gestures and his heart. He never hides and it is so obvious when Leo falls in love because he is at his happiest
- Leo males are among the warmest and most loving of the entire zodiac. They’re extremely generous and enjoy showering loved ones with all kinds of gifts, usually for no reason at all.
- Leos want to be admired and they craved the spotlight. They want people to love them for their big personalities. Leos won’t hesitate to do whatever it takes to gain the recognition and admiration he craves.
- Leo man has a sunny disposition (unless he has influences from Pluto, Saturn or other dark planets) and he is bubbly and always seem to be full of positive vibes.
- Leo has a huge dose of self-confidence and craves power and attention. He is made for success and never shy away from challenges and is also a natural leader, where others often look to him for advice and solutions to problems.
- He has an insatiable passion for life, is generous and revels in the finer things because that is what a royalty is all about ain’t it?
- He is highly creative, child-like and big at heart. He is also a risk taker and has to be watchful for his big appetite when it comes to investment and gambling.
- As a lover, Leo is romantic and sensual, with a powerful sex drive. While you’re dating, the Lion will be chivalrous and will even display a bit of old-fashioned styles.
- He is very loyal and will be committed in the relationships he invest himself in. He’s not the type to forget an anniversary, birthday or other special occasion.
- On the downside, Leo is very jealous and possessive. He must always come first in your life, even before your children. He might not want to share you with the demands of your career. The Lion can have an explosive temper when he feels that his “possessions” or his territory are threatened. Even harmless flirting is a no-no with the king of the jungle.
How To Deal With Your Leo Man
The Leo man is generous, giving but that doesn’t mean he should be taken for a ride. When he treats a person good, he expects reciprocation or even appreciation. He wants to know that his efforts do pay off and you enjoy his advancements and love that he gives. The Leos are big at heart and even so, their egos. He doesn’t care whether if it is exaggerated, as long as you praise him and stoke his ego, it is perfect for him! Yeah seems superficial I know, but to work with Leos, you need to give him constant encouragements, love, appreciation and affirmation that they are the BEST!
But the dark side of Leo man can drive anyone crazy. Leos believe the world revolves around only them, and when they don’t get respect, attention, praise, applause, and adulation from others, their self-esteem suffers, their darker side emerges, and they morph into a person no one wants to be around either in public or private.
He becomes arrogant, bossy, controlling, self-centred, dogmatic, angry, easily jealous and sexually promiscuous. He is like the pre-teens version of Aries (toddler) who tends to throw tantrums every now and then. If you come across a Leo man like this, this is a classic example of a not so evolved Leo. A balanced Leo will know how to carry himself in the right way and show respect for himself and as well as for others.
How To Love A Leo Man?
Leo men are usually easy to spot. If you’re at a party, look for the guy who’s telling jokes or relating some vivid tale to a circle of guests and laughing or talking out loud. He would dress the flashiest and be so extraordinary or I would say outstandingly groomed.
- Needless to say, shower him with praises. If he’s telling a joke, laugh. If he’s relating some daring narrative, be spellbound. You gotta find somewhere to compliment him in: his looks, his fashion sense, his sense of humour, his generosity, his expertise on a subject. It doesn’t matter what you praise him for, as long as your praise seems sincere.
- Look your very best and match up to your Leo guy! A male Leo will see you as an extension of himself, so he’ll want you to be a positive asset. Use the Lion’s love for sensual pleasures to your advantage by dabbing on a bit of expensive perfume and wearing a classically elegant dress. You must be well-groomed.
- Let him take the lead and dominate – he is after all the king of the pride and he is rather fixated on his ways of doing things and he knows darn sure of what’s needed to do a perfect job. You can be his advisor but never rule over him. There can only be one king while you, his Queen, is here to enjoy and savour the luxuries he provide.
- He needs your loyalty and fidelity – He is big in commitment and is a very loyal sign. Leo man protects those he loves and saves no efforts to fight off intruders that hurt his closest ones.
- Embrace his vanity and proudness at times – Leo men are vain to a fault. But not so much that they can be made a fool of. They are looking for someone who doesn’t just compliment their style but also gives them the real deal. This superficial looking man is in search of true love. Always. Also Leos can come across as arrogant and proud because he feels that he is the best and will push away anyone who tries to stop him in his way or to tell him what to do. So if you love him, accept his ways.
What To Avoid If You Want A Leo Man?
Putting him down
The worse thing you can do to the Lion is to put off his fire and kills his enthusiasm. Imagine him getting excited and pumped up with his appearances, his achievements and his amazing stories to tell, all you do is to sit there indifferently and showing disinterests in whatever he has to share. This not only kills the mood but show your Lion that you are not the one ready to match up with him.
The Leo man wants an equal with him. He wants a woman who not only knows how to groom herself well and looks her best whenever she is with him, she also needs to know how to carry herself well in public and in occasions. Remember the Leo loves attention? He might be going around with photo flashes, selfies, videos of him and he doesn’t want a plain Jane with him. Not saying that Leo man despises people who don’t dress up, but they see grooming as a large part of their lives and an important one as well because it is all about respect for the people you are with. Also Lions are big cats and grooming is also part of their daily routine!
Disinterested or lack of passion
Your Leo man is a ball of fiery passion and he display love and affections to their highest level. To have an ice queen in his domain, it will just be a clash of love language. If you feel uncomfortable displaying your emotions and love, where the Leo is big in displaying his affections all the time, then this may not be a good match for you when comes to your relationship
Signs Your Leo Man Likes You
He gives you a lot of attention – He gives you a lot of extra attention because first of all he is a sign that is associated with desiring attention, praise, and admiration. If he receives these things from you he will be sure to repay the favour to you. He will be very impressed with everything that you do.
He will be sure to let you know how he feels – When a Leo man is in love with you, it is most obvious because the signs are everywhere! He will show you how interested he is through his actions, behaviours and accomplishments. He will make time for you, plan for outings, bring you flowers, wine and dine you and create special romantic moments just for the two of you.
He is your life and spirit booster – You can expect your Leo man to be cheering you on throughout all your endeavours. He may even push you into doing something you did not previously have the confidence for. A Leo man wants to see you succeed and will give you the motivation to get there to show he likes you. He is your biggest booster in confidence and self-worth.
He will ensure that you are feeling his love every single moment – If you are in a crowd your Leo man will single you out to make sure you feel noticed by him. He knows that it feels good to be the object of someone’s affection. He will ensure you get most if not all of his attention when he likes you. You are going to be the centre of his universe.
He wants to be exclusive with you – He will bring up the topic of being exclusive. The Leo man values commitment and prefers a monogamy relationship. The modality of the zodiac sign Leo is fixed. This means it shares certain qualities with the other fixed signs Scorpio, Aquarius, and Taurus. Fixed signs are associated with stability, reliability, and commitment. He is not the kind of man that wants to share a partner, so pledging his love for you may signify the beginning of your romantic journey. He wants to ensure that you are ready to promise exclusivity to him and only him.
He remembers special details of you – The Leo man is often so much in love, he will notices every single detail about the person he is into. One of the obvious signs a Leo man likes you is when he remembers special details about you. Your Leo man will take note of every little thing and habit. He will be paying attention to the way you brush your hair, the sound of your laugh, and the way you style your clothes. This star sign is also more likely to remember how you were feeling on a particular day, a story you told him about work or a small detail about your childhood. The Leo man in love is very tuned in to the person he likes. If you said tulips are your favourite, he will certainly remember; making sure to get you tulips on your first date!
He keeps his promise – He will ensure close follow through and live up to his promises. If he said he will call, he will ensure to call you and if he can’t he will let you know in advance so that you don’t have to wait for him or get worried about his whereabouts. He will do his very best to meet you and turn up for the appointment despite his tiredness as he didn’t want to disappoint you and also by meeting you, will certainly cheer him up and make him better!
What Happens If Your Leo Man Is Ignoring You?
It is a little strange for an extroverted Leo male to stop talking to anyone. There has to be some really strong reason behind this. Learning about the reasons behind this can help you through your dilemma. Even the most mature Leo man has a sensitive ego. If he is becoming distant, it could be because you wounded his pride.
Can you think of any incident that might have hurt his feelings? You might have to dig deep into your memory. It could even be something you thought was nothing. He also needs attention from those around him. Have you been ignoring him lately? I’m not saying you are to blame. But if you haven’t given him enough attention, he will sulk and ignore you so that it doesn’t look as if he was being rejected by you. If it is difficult for you to give him the attention he needs, try talking to him about it. Explaining the situation will help you in the long run and to clear any air between the two of you.
But if you didn’t feel that you’ve did anything wrong and your Leo man is pulling away from you…? Then chances are he could be under stress or if you have encountered one of these that could have pulled him away. Not all Leo man is created equal and it is important to decode his personality and understand his inner world before it is too late. And even if he is distant or cold, there is still a chance to open up his inner world and get a chance to gain his interest. Even if things don’t work out well, you both can still remain good friends without hard feelings.
If he is the one for you and you feel that you want to do all that you can to get your Leo man to love and to commit to you, you need to get the 5-Simple-Steps-To-Positive-Love to make your dreams a reality. It is non-manipulative, and you will have him love you in the most unconditional and natural way and he wouldn’t even sense that you are trying to get him closer to you! It is that simple, safe and practical.
You can get more tips and insights from my daily newsletter on dating and relationships’ that teach you on how relationship astrology can help you in your love matters (comes with free-eBook). Sometimes, all it takes, is just a flick of a switch and a shift of the perspective to change what no longer works, into a possible reality.
Make committed love happens with your Leo man, you can certainly do it and deserve it.
More dating and relationship articles: Click here