Most people spent more time at work than they sleep or interact with their families and friends. *me raising hands*
To have put in so much time and energies at work, it better be something satisfying and rewarding. It’s not only about getting a steady flow of income but also being able to feel inspired and being able to give back to society.
Staying fulfilled, satisfied and happy in our career, will certainly have lots of positive impact to our overall well-being which can significantly improve our lives.
“What is the best career path for me?”
“What’s my dream job?”
“What should I be working as when I grow up?”
These are all commonly asked questions from people regardless of their age and the life stage they are in.
If you have just started out, or feeling less motivated, and unfulfilled with your current vocation, or perhaps you are struggling each day to get yourself up to work, perhaps Astrology can offer answers to what you are facing.
Choosing A Vocation Based On Your Strengths
It is not surprising to hear that some people are not even aware of their inherent strengths. There are 3 types of people I’ve come across during my consultations with them:
- Those who thought that their strengths are their flaws, gave up pursuing them and wasted big on opportunities.
- Those who believed that their flaws are their strengths, while it is great to have such confidence, they keep making the same mistakes without understanding what has went wrong.
- Those who are unaware of what their strengths and inherent gifts are and like people in point 1, they too, missed out on opportunities here and there.
There are few indicators from Astrology that could help provide directions to what will work best for our vocational paths.
We are familiar with the zodiac signs. But on top of these 12 zodiacs, we have also the modalities and elements that give insightful clues to what are the types of careers that will be most suitable to our inherent gifts.
- Cardinal: People born with their Sun sign in the zodiac of Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, belongs to the cardinal modality signs. Or if you have more than 3 planets that falls into these 4 zodiac signs, you belong to the Cardinal family too! Cardinal initiates and they are the starters and the movers.
- Fixed: If you’re born with your Sun sign in the zodiac of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius, then you belong to the fixed modality signs. Or if you have more than 3 planets that falls into these 4 zodiac signs, you have strong fixed signs in you! Their strength lies in seeing things through and their roles here is to nurture, support, hold and persevere.
- Mutable: People born with their Sun sign in the zodiac of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces, they belong to the mutable modality signs. If you have more than 3 planets that falls into these 4 zodiac signs, you naturally have strong mutable energies in you too! Mutable signs are versatile and they adapt quickly with their environments. They regroup, learn and recollect themselves fast in any given situations.
- FIRE signs: The nature of fire is spontaneous, passionate, and directive. They don’t sit and wait but will spring into action real fast. Fire is energetic, dynamic, independent, self-directed, straight-forward, extroverted, and courageous. Aries, Leo and Sagittarius belong to this category.
- EARTH signs: The nature of earth is endearing, hardworking, grounded, persistent, determined, pragmatic, dependable, patient and materialistic. Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn fit the bill entirely.
- AIR signs: The nature of air is formless and it represents spontaneity, freedom, cerebral, detached, communicative, socially adept, being objective and cooperative. Gemini, Libra and Aquarius belong to this family.
- WATER signs: The nature of water is penetrative and intensive as water run deeps. It is emotional, nurturing, endearing, empathetic, sensitive, calm, intuitive and imaginative. Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces rule them all.
Some job requires the employee to be desk-bound while others require constant client facing and moving around. There are jobs that require lots of analytical thinking and while there are some that require you to work remotely and be fully independent. By understanding your Sun sign and the dominant traits of your chart, you’d be able to fully understand what are the fields that would work best with your persona and energies!
Click here for a free assessment to your natal chart ==> Free natal chart
Imagine asking an introvert to work as a sales person with constant client facing daily? Not that he isn’t up to the job, but at the end of the day, how draining would he become? I bet all he does after work is to come back home, crash onto his couch with hardly any energies left to mingle and bond with people who matter to him.
It is not just about the money but also about the importance of balancing out our physic, health, mental, and emotional well-being.
Once you understand your inherent strengths, you will naturally be able to pick a career that matches your gifts. Be it working in large corporations, technical, medical, education, or service industries, it definitely has room for a job title that plays to your strengths.
The Workology “Workplace Zodiac” has done up an interesting article that divides work personalities into 8 different types to learn about each of these personalities strengths and potential blind spots.
Similar to this, Astrology can also be applied in many cases of career assessments, and to find out how each archetype fits into their most appropriate career field just like Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Astrology, when used in the right way, can be a very powerful and effective tool.
Continue reading: An Astrological Career Guide For Each Zodiac Sign