What Is A Taurus Man Like When In Love?
The first Earth element of the zodiac belt, the most sensuous, loyal, steadfast and down-to-earth sign – Taurus – welcome to Taurus man in love!
Ruled by Venus and sharing the star with Libra, Taurus is a fixed earth sign that lives their lives in the moment. Taurus consider abstract, and idealistic talks a waste of time and won’t understand how relevant are these to their worldly views. Taurus is pragmatic and they want facts, real tangible stuff that can satisfy their senses. If Taurus can’t see, can’t touch, can’t smell, can’t hear or can’t get anywhere close to feeling the tangible side of things, it is considered non-existent and hard for them to grasp the essence of it. You can’t blame them because this is just one of the many earth characteristics of Taurus, just like what makes them such great friends and loyal companions.
Please keep in mind what’s written here is based on a general view of Taurus sun sign behaviours. The other planets and placements in a Taurus individual’s entire horoscope can enhance, suppress, and even nullify some of these mentioned behaviours. Nevertheless, it will still show similar traits of how a Taurus man behave when he is in love. What are the signs you can watch out for if he is fully committed and in love with you?
Taurus Man’s Behaviour
To deeply understand a Taurus man’s behaviour, it means you need to dive deep into the psyche of the Taurean’s mind. Relationship astrology helps pinpoint to some of these prominent characteristics of your Taurus man which you’ll find here. To have a more accurate reveal of his true personality, an assessment of his astrological chart is highly recommended.
To understand him in love, let us first find out what his behaviour is like that will influence his decisions making, love language and how he acts when he is with you:
Symbolised by the Bull, Taurus man’s most basic needs are security and the ability to survive and thrive in the material world while peacefully enjoying all the abundance and pleasures the earth has to offer.
Meaning? A Taurus will live his life in such a way that he is able to derive the greatest pleasure and happiness. He aims to have his physical senses pleasurably stimulated and is all about beauty and abundance: great food, good wine, fine music, and long afternoons spent lounging in lavish comfort. Remember, to get a Taurus to really like you, stimulate his senses 🙂 Even Disney’s cartoon on Ferdinand, reveals so much about the innate characteristics of a Taurus man.
Another thing that is very notable about Taurus man is – stubbornness and he hates changes. Know that you can never EVER change a Taurus but you can learn how to work with him and eventually win him to your side!
Taurus Man’s Love Traits And Personalities
- Life with a Taurus man is low-key and laid back style–don’t expect too much PDA or gushy emotions, either. Taurus is unlike his Leo, Sagittarius or Aries cousins who are passionate and display big gestures of love.
- They will be protective and can be possessive and gets easily jealous! Each Taurus man is different depending on his entire birth chart’s configuration. If he has some Fire and Air elements he can be a more active Taurus and loves intellectual stimulation in his conversations with you. If he has more water elements displayed then you can see a more emotional side of the Taurus man rather than being so pragmatic and practical.
- He’s not one for surprises, but he more than makes up for it with his remarkable reliability! Taurean guys are very stable, responsible and is persevering with his efforts in whatever he makes up his mind on. Well, no man is perfect so your Taurus man can display stronger traits in areas he is strong in to make up for what he has lack. You will feel very secure with this rock besides you. Like his brothers Capricorns and Virgos, this is their main traits.
- Because he wants a relationship with lasting value, it might be months of texting back and forth, several dates to go for, before he finally asks to be exclusive, but when that commitment is made, you can be sure that he’s fully in it. His sign’s fixed nature means he lives life slow and steady—you won’t get too far with Taurus unless he’s seriously into you, and he knows you feel the same towards him.
- Being ruled by Venus, a Taurus man is all about union and harmony. His gentle, easygoing personality contributes to why Taurus is so soothing to be around. He hates to disturb the status-quo of your relationship, so you never have to worry about any unexpected upsets coming from your Taurus man! But it can be challenging for a Fire and Air element woman who wants constant stimulation, spontaneity and also excitement which means changes!
- He is ruled by his senses–he’s going to look good, smell nice, speak calmly, and have great taste. Everything about him is pleasant, and there’s a certain softness that Taurus men have about them, thanks to their Venusian sensibilities, that you won’t get from any other sign.
- When it comes to the physical side of the relationship, you’re in heaven. Because Taurus is so naturally sensual and slow-paced, you can expect a LOT of foreplay and teasing. Sex is always a long process with him, but you’re never left bored or unsatisfied. Although the moves can be predictable but at least he ensures that you get off before he does.
How To Deal With Your Taurus Man
It’s easy to deal with the positive aspects of a Taurus man: Simply relax, let him run the show, and appreciate the peace, calm, and secure love he provides. As sweet as a Taurus man might be, he does has his dark side.
As for the negatives, keep these things in mind (Read more below <Things To Avoid If You Want A Taurus Man>) :
- It’s never a good idea to intentionally make a Taurus man jealous.
- Don’t play games; be real and honest.
- Share your thought and ideas, but don’t criticise his slow pace or how he does things.
- When he does get angry, back-off and move away, fast. Give him the space
How To Love A Taurus Man?
- Values home and family – What is security to Taurus man if the basic line of security in the home and family isn’t established? So you need to show him you have the capability to be solid, trustworthy and someone who is a homebody is going to be so attractive to him!
- Be Financially Secured – When it comes to possessions and gaining material wealth, Taurus is second to none. Prove to him that you are a woman who is independent and strong enough with your finances. Because honestly, Taurus isn’t that willing to share much of what he has even though he loves you. If a Taurus is willing to part away his stash to buy you something lavishing you know he is mad about you.
- Passionate, Loyal And Sensual – Yes and these appeal to his senses immediately. As an Earth sign, his sensuality and sexual drives are over the roof. But first and foremost you will have to be someone who pledges your loyalty and don’t you ever flirt with another person right under his nose just to see if he loves you or how much he values you. Someone of a motherly and homebody material, sweet, simple and plain is a perfect match for Taurus man. He hates anything plastic – he wants the real deal.
- Is committed to the relationship and will be faithful and loyal – Needless to say these are what provide security and steadfastness in a relationship. Sometimes don’t forget to add on the sparks when you both have already been in a committed relationship for long. Taurus are well-known for their complacency and if nothing is wrong, why change it. So before you settle for good, make sure you have the lines drawn and needs expressed.
- Tends to be quiet, reserved, and sentimental – He loves the nature, the quiet moments and prefers savouring wine and having a home-cooked dinner, reminiscing the past with over hanging out in lounges and loud crazy parties. He wants a lady all to himself and if you are loud and wild, you need to send in your love application to another zodiac sign. Taurus man needs predictability and prefers less drama.
- Be Their Supporter And Confidante – He loves his woman to tell him that he’s great, and he knows that he has a supporter and confidante in good times and in tough times. The bull may be shy and reserved and hence your encouragements will be his best self-confidence booster!
- Agree To Disagree – To win a Taurus man over, you first have to learn to agree in order to disagree. It is pointless to try to argue your way with him because you know how slow and reluctant for a fixed Taurus man is. Win him to your side and present him slowly with the facts you have on hands to sort of change his mind along the way. It is ok to ‘let them win’ in the initial phase so as to win in your long tail game!
- Is patient enough to allow them to do things at their own slow pace – Taurus man hates to be rushed and they believe that slow and steady wins the race. As such, to some it could be nerve wrecking and nail biting experience to see pressing time wheezed by with Taurus man still strolling his way through and smelling flowers along the way. He wants you to trust him that he already has his eyes fixed on the goals and he will surely get there, just that it is with his own pace his own clock.
Things To Avoid If You Want A Taurus Man
The bull values peace, quietness and tranquility. Most importantly, he just want things as what they are and WITHOUT changes. If drama is created, it means he needs to deal with it and it sorts of challenges his serenity and sanity. He just want to be left alone and he prefers to enjoy happy moments with the one he loves. Taurus man is fine with tough times but having said that, drams shouldn’t be coming from the woman he dates unless it is a pressing matter that needs to be addressed.
Flirting Or Display Amorous Signs – Not With Him!
You can easily angered and make the bull super jealous if you were to flirt or even to talk smilingly with another man. Mind you, this kind of jealousy is best avoided with him, if you constantly ignore this red flag, you can send your Taurus out of the door in no time. Unlike other zodiac signs that may see flirting as a challenge and boost up their manhood’s ego to want to fight for you, this is no no for a Taurus. You wouldn’t want to provoke his jealousy. It could pose a big challenge for women who have these dominant Air and Fire elements in them – Aquarius, Sagittarius, Gemini, Libra. These signs are very sociable and friendly and they will be so annoyed if they are to face jealousy from their Taurus man for no apparent reason if they were just to speak to a person of the opposite sex person with no intentions to flirt. Misunderstandings could occur this way.
Overly Dependent Or A Gold Digger
Yes Taurus man are financially established and probably his stash could last him for lifetimes to come but that doesn’t mean that he wants you to be overly dependent on him and expect him to pay for every single thing when you both are in the relationship. Gold diggers need not apply. He can sense you straight away. Like a man defend his country and honor, Taurus will defend his possessions. You need to earn your way up to allow a Taurus to part whatever he has earned and to share that with you.
Signs Your Taurus Man Likes You
They are patient and will be willing to wait for you to love him – Few can play the “waiting game” longer or better than Taurus. He has very good stamina and holding power. He doesn’t rush things and it can be frustrating for more enthusiastic signs like Fire element women to feel that Taurus are too slow to move. If you want to expedite things, you need to take the first move so that your Taurus can learn to speed things up. Tell him gently what are your needs. They are already slow, you don’t need to play hard-to-get.
They will do the traditional way – If they like you, be sure you be indulged with the traditional way of dining and wining, watching movies, strolling the beaches, walking in parks, He will send you a message a day to ask how’s your day and to tell you he would like to see you again or he misses you. Romance is a big thing for a Taurus man and it is a serious thing.
He will be very sensual and physical affectionate – A sign that a Taurus man likes you is when he finds excuses to show you physical affection. He will want to massage your shoulders and hold your hand. Taurus man cannot get enough physical pleasure and he will extend this courtesy to you as well! He will find excuses for you both to be alone so he can steal a kiss and indulge romantically in you. The more he showers you with physical affection and sensuality the more he loves you. Since he is relatively shy, it may take him few tries to build up the courage to make that first move. Well you can speed things up by throwing some flirty hints! The bull is known for its lustiness and fertility, his animal nature will certainly be glad to oblige to your advancements.
He will send you songs and poems to express what he feels – He can be too shy to tell you how he feels for you and may send you songs to express his feelings. Watch out for those lyrics – they are the words he wants to tell you, he really sweet and romantic and his shyness just makes it even sweeter. Even when you both have already been dating for quite some time, be sure that your bull will still constantly do romantic stuff for you and intimacy and affections will never stop.
He helps you with your chores and even your financial planning – Maybe not the most romantic gesture but coming from a Taurus this is a true expression of love! His earthy sign is practical and will want to help you to establish success just like he does. Taurus is associated with finances, resources, and values and will have spent a good portion of his life getting these things in order and he finds pleasure in helping his lady of interest do the same. He will not be judgemental at all regarding your financial decisions and will be fully supportive. He will take the lead in paying for dates, dinner, and dessert so nothing to worry about there. A Taurus man is really trying to show he cares when he concerns himself with your finances. He is practical with the necessity.
Tauruses like to spoil the woman they like – Regardless of the position he holds at his job or how rich he is, a Taurus is a hedonist who appreciates the finer things in life and doesn’t skimp on getting himself the luxuries he works so hard for. And fortunately for you, your Taurus man extends this behaviour to his lady love as well. Part of it is because a Taurus is a gentleman who thinks it is classy to treat the woman he likes with the utmost comfort he can provide. But most of it is because your Taurus man likes you so much that he believes that you are entitled to a share of every luxury that he earns for himself. When in love, this is how the Taurus man sees his favorite woman as deserving of all that belongs to him.
What Happens If Your Taurus Man Is Ignoring You?
Chances are you have pissed him off big time or he could be genuinely busy. Taurus are very tolerating, accommodating and easy going creatures. But here are some of the top most notable signs of what I’ve observed from my previous Taurus male clients and to share them across with you:
- He freaks out – Well Taurus are slow creatures, and if the relationship is going too fast than his comfortable pace, he will freak out and take few steps back to assess the situation. “Am I in for real?” “Is this what I want?” “Is she not gonna hurt me?” Usually he will take much time to commit and he might even give you the cold shoulder or not talk a word to you. Don’t force him to love you or he will cut you off instantly and move on. This guy usually asks for a lot of time to clear his head and think about the future relationship – he will need to find out if you fit into his criteria, especially so he has been burnt in love before, he will be doubly cautious about letting you into his life. This case is not entirely your fault; once your Taurus comes around, he will realise his mistake and offer an apology. Don’t be surprise, he might get defensive at first and blame you for coming too strong at him!
- The Reversal – You wouldn’t believe it, as much as he’s trying to chase you for your attention and woo you, the situation may change and now he wants you to come after him instead! He wants you to take initiative. If he ignores you then he will soon give you other signs so that you can be determined with your action. Read his body language to tell the difference between him ignoring you or he wants you to chase him. He just want a little pampering to note that he is still a hot favourite and wants you to desire him. He can sometimes do the ‘test water’ experiment to check on your loyalty on him by not replying your messages soon enough or not calling you back. His purpose is to see whether or not you’re willing to initiate contact or initiate the romance with him.He doesn’t want anyone to mess up with his heart.
- He Is Hurt – Taurus is a ‘feminine’ energy in the astrological sense and they can be passive with how they want to express their feelings. As such when Taurus are hurt, they go radio silent. It is also a form of punishment that they want you to reflect on your acts and deeds and where you have went wrong. They won’t respond to you unless you know darn sure you know what you are apologizing for. Perhaps you did something that upsets him without realizing it. Or, he may lose his interest and does not want to waste more of his time with you. Rather than shouting at you or expressing his feelings when he’s hurt or mad, Taurus man prefers waiting and staying silent while thinking through about everything. Don’t push his limit or you will witness his wrath of cutting you off completely.
- He Is Overwhelmed With Work – Taurus is a very focus and goal oriented sign that is fixated on their prize – materialistic gains. When he is completely distant he is just busy and has no time to contact you. Keep in mind that he takes his career very seriously as the bull strives for a prosperous life. If you’re the type of woman who is looking for constant attention from your boyfriend, then you may get disappointed with a Taurus male. What you can do in the meantime is not to overly criticise his behaviour or he will assume that you are clingy and dependent which he dislikes. If you approach him with grave concern because of him pursuing his goals and doing his work – that’s surely a big turn off for him. Make sure he’s truly busy before accusing him from withdrawing from you. It’s better to give him space instead of bombarding him with texts and calls. Your gentle bull will certainly appreciates you for your thoughtfulness.
But if you didn’t feel that you’ve did anything wrong and your Taurus man is pulling away from you…? Then chances are he could be under stress or if you have encountered one of these that could have pulled him away. Not all Taurus man is created equal and it is important to decode his personality and understand his inner world before it is too late.
If he is the one for you and you feel that you want to do all that you can to get your Taurus man to love and to commit to you, you need to get the 5-Simple-Steps-To-Positive-Love to make your dreams a reality. It is non-manipulative, and you will have him love you in the most unconditional and natural way and he wouldn’t even sense that you are trying to get him closer to you! It is that simple, safe and practical.
You can get more tips and insights from my daily newsletter on dating and relationships’ that teach you on how relationship astrology can help you in your love matters (comes with free-eBook). Sometimes, all it takes, is just a flick of a switch and a shift of the perspective to change what no longer works, into a possible reality.
Make committed love happens with your Taurus man, you can certainly do it and deserve it.
More dating and relationship articles: Click here